Because you care...
The Foundation for TJO Animals, founded in 2007, is dedicated to raising much needed funds to help the local, homeless animals at the Thomas J. O'Connor Animal Control and Adoption Center, which serves the cities of Springfield, Holyoke and Chicopee, Massachusetts. With a focus on providing financial assistance and grants for veterinary care, the Foundation has had a direct impact on saving the lives of animals at the shelter.
How did the Foundation spend the gifts that you so generously donate? Thanks to you, we are able to accomplish the following:
- Provide funding for two days per week of veterinary care at the shelter, helping to save animals that might not have had a chance of survival in previous years. Animals arrive at TJO everyday needing veterinary care and this ensures that there is a veterinarian at TJO 40 hours per week to help them in their time of need.
- Provide funding for three days per week for a veterinary technician to assist in the needs of shelter care, both medical and dental, to make them healthy, happy, adoptable pets.
- Provide funding for thirty-two hours for a second veterinary technician.
- Provide funding for medical equipment and supplies, lab/tests, surgeries/medical procedures, animal enrichment supplies, transport of animals for care, and many more ways that help to save animals' lives, improve their chances for adoption and make the families who adopt them the happiest in the world!
- We are looking forward to a great year ahead! Mark your calendars for our signature events.
Florence Bank customers… Did you know that Florence Bank donates $100,000 each year to non-profit organizations? The best part is that you, the Florence Bank customer decides which organizations receive a grant. Please follow the link below and vote for the Foundation for TJO Animals. The local, homeless animals in need at TJO would benefit greatly from one of these grants. Voting ends December 31st. We appreciate your vote. Kindly share with your friends and family. THANK YOU!
DID YOU KNOW that many corporations match employee donations (or the tax deductible component of your membership) to our organization. An easy way to double your contribution is through employee giving programs. If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a donation match as a way to recognize your ongoing support.