Because you care...
The Foundation for TJO Animals, founded in 2007, is dedicated to raising much needed funds for the animals at the Thomas J. O'Connor Animal Control and Adoption Center, which serves the cities of Springfield, Holyoke and Chicopee, MA. With a focus on providing financial assistance and grants for animal care and training, volunter support and community outreach, the Foundation has had a direct impact on saving the lives of animals at the shelter, and helping the cities and surrounding communities the shelter impacts.
How did the Foundation spend the gifts that you so generously donated last year? With your help, we accomplished the following:
- Providing two days per week of veterinary doctor care at the shelter, helping to save animals that might not have had a chance of survival in previous years.
- Providing three days per week for a veterinary technician to assist in the needs of shelter care, both medical and dental, to help make them healthy, happy, adoptable pets.
- Providing a part-time trainer for the shelter to work in saving animals lives by overcoming behavior problems which enable them to become great additions to an adopting family.
- Providing medical supplies, lab/tests, surgeries/medical procedures, animal enrichment supplies, transport of animals for care, and many more ways that help to save animals' lives, improve their chances for adoption and make the families who adopt them the happiest in the world!
Please Join Us...
- To celebrate Kayla Rae Cherkas Clark's love of animals, the Foundation for TJO Animals invites you to the 3rd Annual Kayla Rae of Hope 5K Walk/Run. All proceeds go to the Kayla Rae of Hope Fund at the Foundation for TJO Animals to directly benefit local, homeless animals in need at the Thomas J O'Connor Animal Control & Adoption Center.
To pre-register for this event, click on the REGISTER NOW LINK. Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to walk for this wonderful cause!