Thank you for your continued support !
The Foundation for TJO Animals and the animals at Thomas J. O'Connor Animal Control and Adoption Center would like to extend a special thank you to Jonathan Hall and Toto.
Over the past few years, Jonathan has donated the profits from the sales of his two books, Toto the Tornado Kitten and Oh Toto! Where Did You Go? In addition, Jonathan and Toto have actively participated in numerous Foundation events, including the signature events of the Ride Like an Animal Motorcycle Poker Run and Holiday Pawzaar, designed to help the Foundation raise funds for the medical care of the animals at the TJO Adoption Center. Jonathan and Toto are always a welcome addition at these events and are always a crowd pleaser!
Because you care...
The Foundation for TJO Animals, founded in 2007, is dedicated to raising much needed funds for the animals at the Thomas J. O'Connor Animal Control and Adoption Center, which serves the cities of Springfield, Holyoke and Chicopee, MA. With a focus on providing financial assistance and grants for animal care and training, volunter support and community outreach, the Foundation has had a direct impact on saving the lives of animals at the shelter, and helping the cities and surrounding communities the shelter impacts.
How did the Foundation spend the gifts that you so generously donated last year? With your help, we accomplished the following:
- Providing two days per week of veterinary doctor care at the shelter, helping to save animals that might not have had a chance of survival in previous years.
- Providing three days per week for a veterinary technician to assist in the needs of shelter care, both medical and dental, to help make them healthy, happy, adoptable pets.
- Providing a part-time trainer for the shelter to work in saving animals lives by overcoming behavior problems which enable them to become great additions to an adopting family.
- Providing medical supplies, lab/tests, surgeries/medical procedures, animal enrichment supplies, transport of animals for care, and many more ways that help to save animals' lives, improve their chances for adoption and make the families who adopt them the happiest in the world!
Over the past year at TJO...
A snap shot of the last year:
- 3,762 Intakes
- 1,435 Animals adopted
- 683 Animals Returned to their owners
- 793 Animals Transferred to other organizations and/or specialty rescues
- 530 Animals helped to adoption through foster programs
- 145 Different cities/towns where animals were adopted to
We cannot exist without your tremendous support. Our volunteer Board of Directors, committee advisors and many others work tirelessly to help save the lives of homeless animals, increase adoptions at the shelter and make the communities we serve a better place for everyone. THANK YOU!!